PhotoSweeper is generally considered to be the most powerful and comprehensive duplicate remover for a Mac system.
It uses multiple methodologies to identify and remove the dupes from a photo collection, and lets users set the criteria for which dupes to keep and which ones to remove based on a number of options.
While these powerful tools set it apart from other duplicate removal applications, it also can be a bit of a learning curve to understand how to use it effectively.
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE SEEN NUMEROUS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE USE OF PHOTOSWEEPER:
- How do I set PhotoSweeper up properly?
- Should I import a library into PhotoSweeper?
- How does PhotoSweeper actually identify duplicates?
- Can I use PhotoSweeper with an Optimized Apple Photos library?
- What’s the best step-by-step workflow for using PhotoSweeper?
Using a powerful and effective tool like PhotoSweeper can require a bit more patience to learn how to use and master, so I will walk you through all the steps you will need to understand, set up, and use PhotoSweeper.
This course is broken down into the following lessons:
- In the lesson I titled – A brief history of dupes, we’ll look at how dupes are created, why they are created, AND how not all dupes are created equal. This will be important when we want to figure out which dupes we will want to keep and which dupes we want to get rid of.
- Setting up the Preferences and the Automark settings are the core of how PhotoSweeper identifies and determines which dupes to keep and which to delete, so understanding these settings and how they affect the results is a critical part of the process.. We will go over every setting and as well as why we choose them.
- We will go through the three methods PhotoSweeper uses to scan for duplicates and I will break it down step-by-step to help you understand how each method works. I talk about the strategy behind the workflow I use and recommend, as well as which methods works best with Apple Photos libraries and why using libraries is the most efficient and safest way to bring your images into PhotoSweeper.
- Sometimes the best way to learn something is to watch someone else do it, so I will take you through an entire de-duping session so you can see in real time how I approach the process.
Its important to understand that there is no one way of using PhotoSweeper, but what I will be presenting is a combination of trial and error over the years I have been using it, as well as talks with PhotoSweeper’s tech support for their advice on best practices.
I hope this encourages you to make PhotoSweeper a part of your photo organizing workflow, and brings another level of excellence and expertise in serving your clients.
Meet Your Instructor
Peter Bennett, owner of Fotoflow Solutions
I have been working in and around photography for my entire career as a professional photographer, photo agency owner, and photo organizer. I have also been a photography teacher and trainer for over twelve years, and this more than anything has taught me the importance of communicating complicated things in a simple and easy to understand way.
I decided to start Fotoflow Solutions, to take my years of experience and knowledge of photo organizing to people who really needed it. I want to help people organize their personal and family photos and teach them how to keep it organized. Most importantly I wanted to help people understand that they need to start being the editors of their own life story.