De-dupe your photo collection – a step by step guide for successfully removing duplicates from your photo collection using Cisdem Duplicate Finder.
For both Mac and Windows.
Duplicates can be the bane of any photo collection, we all want to be rid of them, but trying to figure out how to remove them can be very confusing. There are a lot of concerns and questions that can bog us down before we even get started.
- Which duplicate removal application should I use?
- Will it work on a Mac? Will it work on Windows?
- Is it easy to use or do I need to learn a lot before I can start using it?
We get asked about removing duplicates all the time. Many of our Certified Pros have been using professional duplicate removal software for many years, but we realized it might be too difficult for most casual users to learn. With the help from our professional photographer and photo organizer, Peter Bennett, we went on a search for a duplicate removal program that would do a good job but not be hard to learn; we want users to be up and running as quickly as they could.
Peter waded through a number of de-duping programs to find the right one. Some were very simple to use, but did a poor job of finding dupes. Others required a lot of manual checking of results, which can be an enormous amount of work. Others had terrible customer support or were not user friendly.
Peter found Cisdem Duplicate Finder after a lot of trial and error and he thinks it fits the right criteria better than the others he tried. It did a good job of finding and removing dupes, worked on both Windows and Mac, and you could be up and de-duping fairly quickly. It also removes duplicate music files and other documents as well.
In this course you will:
- Learn to navigate and use all the settings and give you suggestions for them to help you achieve the best results.
- Learn to analyze the results pages and you will see exactly how to keep the ones you want and remove the ones you don’t.
- Get a step-by-step walkthrough of an entire de-duping session so you can see in real time how Peter approach the process. Sometimes the best way to learn something is to watch someone else do it.
- Define the different kinds of dupes we often encounter in our collections, as well as some strategies for removing them and keeping them from taking over our collections in the future.
- For Mac users, you’ll also learn how Cisdem Duplicate Finder works with Apple Photos libraries.
We hope you will join Peter and take the next step in removing unwanted duplicates from your photo
Meet Your Instructor
Peter Bennett, owner of Fotoflow Solutions
I have been working in and around photography for my entire career as a professional photographer, photo agency owner, and photo organizer. I have also been a photography teacher and trainer for over twelve years, and this more than anything has taught me the importance of communicating complicated things in a simple and easy to understand way.
I decided to start Fotoflow Solutions, to take my years of experience and knowledge of photo organizing to people who really needed it. I want to help people organize their personal and family photos and teach them how to keep it organized. Most importantly I wanted to help people understand that they need to start being the editors of their own life story.